Patients who do not have obesity problems but have regional body fat, can have liposuction to have these fats removed and get into a better shape. Liposuction has become one of the most popular treatments in the last few years.
Liposuction should not be mistaken for a weight loss treatment. It is an aesthetical procedure that gives a better shape to the body by removing excess fat.
In which body parts can liposuction be applied?
The body parts liposuction applied can be listed as follows. Even though there is a wide selection of body parts, it is always recommended to have a strict sports regimen in order to have a more successful results with liposuction.
- Abdomen ( belly )
- Inner and outer thigh
- Inner knee
- Upper arm
- Breast (Female and male)
Why is it performed?
- For those who have regional excess fat (especially hips, abdomen, knees), it is a very beneficial procedure to get into a better shape.
- For those male patients who have gynecomastia
- After lifting surgeries such as breast, neck, arm lifting in order to remove excess fat.
How is Liposuction performed? What are the techniques?
In liposuction, body fat is liquefied by special equipments in order to be removed by very small millimetric incisions.
There are some differences between the methods applied in liposuction. The first of these methods is the classical method called “Wet Technique” or “Tumescent Liposuction”. Recently developed techniques that provide a better results are “Ultrasonic (Vaser) Liposuction” and “Laser Liposuction (Laser Lipolysis)“.
The difference of laser liposuction from original wet liposuction is that the fat is taken after being broken apart by laser. In vaser liposuction, these fat areas are broken apart and then removed from the body using ultrasonic sound waves. With the sound waves used in the vaser liposuction technique, only the fats are targeted, so the possibility of damaging other crucial tissues, pain, bruising and swelling that can be seen after the operation is kept at minimum.
Due to these advantages, the most preferred method is vaser liposuction, namely Ultrasonic Liposuction.
Healing process after liposuction
It is important for your comfort to stay in the hospital for 1 night after the operation. Healing process depends on the difficulty of the operation. As the number of liposuction applied areas increases, the healing process may prolong. Recovery time of a relatively subtle intervention is undoubtedly shorter.
A compression corset should be used for 1 month after liposuction. The healing process takes nearly 4-8 weeks. There are no scars left after 2 months. You can start light physical activities in approximately 4-8 days after surgery. Patient should avoid physical activities that would require physical effort for 4 weeks, including sexual intercourse. In order to see the final result, patient should wait approximately 6 months.
Hi-def liposuction is actually a liposuction method. In this technique, the fats are removed and the connections of the fats with the muscles are made more distinctive and superficial. In other words, surgeon makes curves and small bumps with body fat which creates a muscular look as a result.
Hi-def liposculpture can be done with different liposuction techniques. Vaser hi-def, laser hi-def or classical method. In such cases the device is not the first thing to consider, the most important rule is to choose an experienced surgeon.
What areas can you Liposuction?
- Abdomen: Hi-def liposuction is mostly applied to the abdominal area. It is used quite frequently in the making of abdominal muscles, also known as six packs. Depending on the patient’s current situation, six packs, four packs, two packs, and sometimes only the highlighting and shadow lines can be done.
- Back: With hi-def liposuction, highlighting of the back line, forming the latissimus dorsi muscle.
- Breasts: High definition liposuction can be performed to make the pectoral muscle line more obvious and to give the pectoral muscle a boost. If the patient has gynecomastia, it can be treated with liposuction.
- Arms: For arms hi-def liposuction can be very useful in terms of highlighting the muscles such as triceps, biceps and deltoids, by clearing the excess fat around the muscle and leaving just a little amount to make them look more swollen.
- Upper Leg(Thigh): This liposculpture is rather rare comparing with other parts of the body. It can be useful to make the thighs looks more muscular and thicker.